Exhibits & Programming Intern
- Assist with install/de-install of exhibitions as needed including gallery preparation
- Assist with preparation and staffing of exhibition opening receptions and other special events throughout the year
- Assist with researching and building curriculum for exhibitions
- Assist with classes, camps, workshops, and lectures throughout the year
- Assist with maintaining organization of classrooms and supply closets
- Filing, copying, and other office management tasks
- Data entry and word processing
Interns will learn the basic operation of a non-profit art organization and gain valuable experience in the areas of exhibits and art education. At Oklahoma Contemporary Arts Center, exhibitions and education work hand in hand, however, interns may choose to focus on a specific area. Administrative tasks are involved in both areas.
Applicant must have interest in fine arts and/or art education and possess good organizational skills with attention to detail. Excel knowledge is helpful.
Public Relations & Marketing Intern
- Press release writing and editing
- Distributing promotional materials
- Resizing photographs for media use
- Cataloging/archiving press materials
- Assist with social media (Twitter, Facebook, and YouTube)
- Provide media relations support and follow up
Applicant should exhibit strong writing, organizational and interpersonal skills as well as show an interest in the arts and have a background in public relations, journalism, marketing, or mass communications. Proficiency in Adobe InDesign, Photoshop, MS Word and Excel is helpful. Knowledge of graphic design and layout is a plus.
Internship Committment: Internships are unpaid. Intern must work a minimum of 6 hours per week. College credit is available if agreed upon by your Education Institution. A positive attitude and desire to learn is a must!
To Apply: Please send a resume and letter of interest to Oklahoma Contemporary Arts Center to email@example.com.