At a time of unprecedented expansion of its educational mission and physical presence in Oklahoma City, the Oklahoma Contemporary Art Center will recruit an Annual Giving and Membership Manager to focus primarily on planning, implementing and growing its annual giving and membership giving. Essential Job Functions
Essential Job Functions
- With an emphasis on gifts from individuals for all purposes, create and implement annual fund campaigns (digital and traditional).
- Oversee the membership program, including the current general membership program, and design and launch the young adult and upper-level annual giving clubs.
- With the Development Team, participate in prospect review, the process of prospect identification, cultivation, and solicitation; set constituent (moves) management actions.
- As assigned in prospect review, oversee a portfolio of prospects and donors; achieve specific moves management activities in a timely manner.
- Record development activity in Tessitura, guaranteeing accuracy and timeliness.
- With the Development Team, utilize and analyze data from Tessitura to weigh participation, engagement, and capacity to determine solicitation level, purpose and readiness.
- Prior to the opening of the new facility, contribute to an institutional plan to grow awareness of the OCAC mission; implement the public phase of the campaign; and capitalize on momentum to grow membership.
- Achieve performance metrics established in dialogue with the Development Director.
- Other duties as requested.
Essential Job Requirements and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in business, administration, public relations or communications preferred, and/or three to five years equivalent experience in fundraising and membership.
- Minimum of three years of direct fundraising/development experience in a nonprofit or educational organization - experience in an established development office highly desirable.
- Strength as a “public facing” employee and enthusiasm for this aspect of the job.
- Demonstrated ability to build relationships, cultivate and solicit prospects.
- Experience with Tessitura database a plus.
- Knowledge of sources and methods of prospect research.
- Attention to detail, time management, organizational and multi-tasking skills.
- Self-motivated, with demonstrated ability to excel as a leader and as a member of a team.
- Ability to perform data analysis for departmental and executive requests.
- Ability to work independently and to work collaboratively with various teams.
- Prior experience working with arts administration or museum is a plus.
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Office.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to manage multiple tasks and to prioritize independently.
- Strong analytical and reasoning skills.
Limitations and Disclaimer
The above job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position. Continued employment remains on an “at-will” basis. Nothing in this job description is to be construed as a contract of employment. All job duties are subject to change as business needs necessitate.
Other Requirements and Working Conditions
- Use of a car required; legally registered and insured for daily us.
- Use of a computer/monitor, telephone and copier daily.
- Flexible schedule with ability to participate in evening or weekend events.
- Team environment with frequent group meeting participation.
- Physical requirements: Lifting/Carrying - heavy work may include routine lifting of a maximum weight of 50 lbs. - combination of sitting, standing, walking and driving on a frequent basis.
Oklahoma Contemporary is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.
Submit the following via the Indeed posting:
- Cover letter (required)
Please note, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.