The Education Associate performs administrative tasks for the Education Department and directly supports the Project Manager, Education and Public Programs. This position assists with database and calendar administration and maintenance, including data entry and ticketing setup for camps, classes and programs. As a vital member of the department, the Education Associate will contribute to efforts that support proper utilization and growth of data-driven initiatives. Additionally, this position will support the department by developing meeting agendas and minutes, general editing and committee preparation. The Education Associate will interact with the public regularly and should have excellent customer service, communication and problem-solving skills.
Essential Job Functions
- Provide direct administrative support to the Project Manager, Education and Public Programs.
- Provide additional administrative support to the Director of Education and Public Programs including scheduling, coordinating with other departments, making arrangements and preparing contracts for visiting artists and speakers.
- Prepare meeting agendas, minutes and presentations.
- Assist with the Learning Gallery (interpretive space) through directed research, purchasing equipment and supplies, and help with general development.
- Build, monitor and troubleshoot ticketing setup in Tessitura/TNEW applications.
- Track registration/ticket sales via reports generated from Tessitura.
- Correspond with students, parents and constituents.
- Correspond with contracted artists and speakers.
- Process back-of-house registrations and refunds as needed.
- Oversee the department’s databases of artists, community partners, program attendance and evaluations.
- Generate lists, ad hoc queries and reports as needed.
- Maintain confidentiality of database information.
- Assist with select public programs through set up, ushering and other duties as requested.
- Perform other duties as requested.
Essential Job Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree with a two-year minimum of related experience; or any combination of education, training and experience that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Excel as well as a general knowledge of Microsoft Office and Adobe Creative Suite.
- Ability to learn computer programs including Tessitura, Asana and other web-based platforms.
- Thrives on working on multiple projects at once, often with tight deadline pressures, during busy seasons.
- Excellent writing and communication skills.
- Flexible and collaborative personality.
- Strong interest in the arts or arts education.
- Strong customer service skills.
The Ideal Candidate
- Has held prior administrative and/ or customer service positions.
- Self-motivated and detailed-oriented with exceptional organizational skills.
- Experience working with Tessitura or similar database experience preferred.
- Able to prioritize and complete tasks as required.
- Ability to work harmoniously with staff, volunteers, instructors and the general public.
- Appreciates and relentlessly pursues the high level of excellence required in all aspects of operations.
- Fluency in Spanish or Vietnamese a plus.
Limitations and Disclaimer
The above job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position. Continued employment remains on an “at-will” basis. Nothing in this job description is to be construed as a contract of employment. All job duties are subject to change as business needs necessitate.
Other Requirements and Working Conditions
Use of a computer/monitor, telephone and copier daily. Physical requirements: lifting/carrying - heavy work may include routine lifting of a maximum weight of 50 lbs. - combination of sitting, standing, walking and driving on a frequent basis. Oklahoma Contemporary is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or veteran status.
Submit both a cover letter and resume here to apply.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis until the position is filled. Unfortunately, because of the volume of applications we receive, we are not able to give status updates. If you are invited for an interview, you will be contacted directly by the hiring manager by Oct. 31. Anticipated start date is Nov. 15.
Salary commensurate with experience; excellent benefits package, including paid time off, health care dental, vision and retirement plan.
About Oklahoma Contemporary
Oklahoma Contemporary is an inclusive center for the arts where people of all ages and backgrounds can experience art, encounter new ideas and ignite their creative potential. Through visual art exhibitions, performances, public programs, community-building initiatives, outdoor installations and special events, Oklahoma Contemporary creates opportunities for everyone to come together in celebration of contemporary culture and artistic expression. With year-round classes and seasonal youth camps across multiple disciplines, the arts center’s education programs encourage youth and adults to express their ideas across a variety of media and learn new skills. Oklahoma Contemporary believes that art is for everyone and places accessibility and education at the center of all programming. Admission to exhibitions is always free. Oklahoma Contemporary is a regional 501(c)3 nonprofit organization founded in 1989 by businessman and philanthropist Christian Keesee and Kirkpatrick Foundation Director Marilyn Myers.
Oklahoma Contemporary strives to demonstrate leadership by modeling excellence and best practices for inclusion, diversity, equity and accessibility. We believe in the power of human creativity and value the opportunities for connection and learning that exist when cultures and communities come together in collaboration and understanding.
We commit to championing policies and practices that value diversity, foster cultural equity and create an accessible and inclusive environment. Oklahoma Contemporary does not discriminate based on race/ethnicity, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, socioeconomic status, geography, citizenship status or religion. We recognize our strengths lie in the broad range of people who contribute their time and talents to our mission and are dedicated to creating a safe, inclusive place for them to explore creativity.