Call for instructors
Oklahoma Contemporary is committed to offering the highest quality of instruction through classes and workshops that broaden the notions of contemporary art, art materials and artistic expression. Studio School offers a student-centered learning environment where artists at all stages develop their practice through the investigation of contemporary art and ideas. It is a place to be challenged and explore new perspectives, while learning and improving skills, advancing techniques and experimenting with familiar and new media.
Starting in Spring 2020, Studio School will offer 10-week sessions (Spring, Summer, Winter, Fall) and various half-day and full-day workshops across multiple disciplines, as well as options to work independently outside of a structured class. Classes and workshops for teens and adults may include drawing/life drawing, painting, collage, printmaking, fiber/textiles, ceramics, sculpture, digital media/photography, performance, contemporary art, installation and professional development for artists and creatives.
Oklahoma Contemporary is currently recruiting and hiring experienced instructors for future classes and workshops in a range of disciplines. Immediate needs are for instructors with experience in fiber, ceramics, drawing, painting, photography and digital media.
- BA, BFA or MFA in Studio Art
- Thorough knowledge of course materials/topics in respective studio discipline
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to build successful relationships with students
- Previous teaching experience or proven excellence in communication and interpersonal skills appropriate for teaching
- Ability to work effectively with individuals from diverse communities and cultures
- All communication with instructors is via email, so access and proficiency with email is a requirement
- Two-hour class/one class per week (10-week session): $1,000
- Three-hour class/one class per week (10-week session): $1,400
Compensation for short duration workshops and classes vary and will be determined in consultation with the Director of Education and Public Programs.
Please submit a CV, two references, statement of teaching philosophy and a cover letter that speaks to your interest in Studio School and your particular subject of expertise to email@example.com. Submissions are accepted on a rolling basis. All submissions should be emailed as a PDF or Word document with “Studio School Instructor Candidate” in the subject line.