Under the supervision of the Director of Operations, the Visitor Experience Manager will deliver a strong visitor experience in support of Oklahoma Contemporary’s mission through radical hospitality while developing and managing a diverse and effective team. The Visitor Experience Manager will oversee public interface, building upon and delivering the arts center’s visitor experience across visitor service and front-of-house teams while ensuring the organization’s mission, vision and values are delivered across all visitor touch points.
Essential Job Functions
- Manage welcome sequence and ticketing operations for general admission, box office and special events/exhibitions as required.
- Create an inspiring team environment with an open communication culture by setting clear team goals, delegating tasks and setting deadlines for said tasks, motivating team members, discovering team training needs and providing coaching.
- Listen to team members’ feedback and resolve any issues or conflicts.
- Monitor team performance and suggest and organize team-building activities.
- Oversee and ensure quality of cash handling operation with Finance Department.
- Support and oversee the hiring, training and performance evaluation process, providing performance incentives and implementing disciplinary action when necessary.
- Ensure the Visitor Experience team is effectively monitoring the condition, security and health and safety aspects of all public spaces throughout the day and ensuring that standards are never compromised.
- Work with Exhibitions department to understand all art stewardship and security needs for each exhibition.
- Undertake daily briefings to provide up-to-date information to the team.
- Oversee all weekly, monthly, quarterly, comparative and exhibition reporting and analysis as well as daily cash handling. Create and present to senior management a weekly review of attendance, Shop revenue and visitor trends.
- Manage departmental budget, monitor all expenses and reconcile monthly for management reports.
- Ensure superior customer service through interdepartmental, front-line staff training program and development of materials for visitors with different abilities.
- Interface with Education department to train all front line staff.
- Participate in Exhibition meetings, as appropriate, to understand issues and provide feedback.
- Participate in Development meetings, as appropriate, to discuss and determine plan of action for memberships, donations, etc.
- Recommend admissions policies, brief staff and monitor visitor feedback.
- Recommend and implement programs to enhance department efficiency and productivity in terms of work flow, technology, staff and budget.
- Interface with various departments to disseminate public information.
- Work closely with all colleagues across the internal team but particularly with the Operations Department.
- Work with the Director of Operations to ensure the buildings’ facilities and security are monitored by the Visitor Experience team and any issues are reported in a timely manner.
- Provide occasional assistance outside the normal schedule to support the mission.
- Other duties as assigned by the Director of Operations.
Essential Job Requirements
- Bachelor's degree with course work in business preferred. Four years of supervisory experience; or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Strong computer skills and comfort with technology; knowledge of Tessitura highly desirable.
- Flexible schedule that allows for the occasional weekend and evening hours working as required.
- Knowledge of visitor experience principles, practice, and procedures; knowledge of arts/culture audiences strongly preferred.
- Ability to track and analyze visitation statistics.
- Ability to develop and implement effective initiatives and strategies to ensure consistently excellent visitor experience.
- Ability to understand and implement Oklahoma Contemporary’s mission, services and programs.
- Demonstrated ability to manage, train and coordinate a team.
- Ability to multitask and meet deadlines in a fast-paced working environment.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with staff, colleagues and members of the public.
- Demonstrated experience working collaboratively with a diverse range of groups and organizations; sensitivity to cultural diversity issues.
- Proficiency in the Microsoft Office suite of programs, with a strong knowledge of Excel and Word.
- Strong written, verbal, analytical, interpersonal and presentation skills.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize multiple projects, often with shifting priorities.
- Ability to work independently with modest supervision.
- Ability to inspire, encourage and lead a team of part-time staff as well as managing adversity and turnover within the team.
- Fluency in Spanish, Vietnamese or ASL a plus.
Limitations and Disclaimer
The above job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position.
Other requirements and working conditions
- Use of a car required; legally registered and insured for daily use
- Use of a computer/monitor, telephone, and copier daily
- Willingness to work occasional evenings and weekends when required and agreed upon
- Team environment with frequent group meeting participation
- Physical requirements: Lifting/Carrying - heavy work may include routine lifting of a maximum weight of 50 lbs. Combination of sitting, standing, walking and driving on a frequent basis
Oklahoma Contemporary is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or veteran status.
Submit a cover letter and resume highlighting your education and experience here.
About Oklahoma Contemporary
Oklahoma Contemporary is an inclusive center for the arts where people of all ages and backgrounds can experience art, encounter new ideas and ignite their creative potential. Through visual art exhibitions, performances, public programs, community-building initiatives, outdoor installations and special events, Oklahoma Contemporary creates opportunities for everyone to come together in celebration of contemporary culture and artistic expression. With year-round classes and seasonal youth camps across multiple disciplines, the arts center’s education programs encourage youth and adults to express their ideas across a variety of media and learn new skills. Oklahoma Contemporary believes that art is for everyone and places accessibility and education at the center of all programming. Admission to exhibitions is always free. Oklahoma Contemporary is a regional 501(c)3 nonprofit organization founded in 1989 by businessman and philanthropist Christian Keesee and Kirkpatrick Foundation Director Marilyn Myers.
Oklahoma Contemporary strives to demonstrate leadership by modeling excellence and best practices for inclusion, diversity, equity and accessibility. We believe in the power of human creativity and value the opportunities for connection and learning that exist when cultures and communities come together in collaboration and understanding.
We commit to championing policies and practices that value diversity, foster cultural equity and create an accessible and inclusive environment. Oklahoma Contemporary does not discriminate based on race/ethnicity, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, socioeconomic status, geography, citizenship status or religion. We recognize our strengths lie in the broad range of people who contribute their time and talents to our mission and are dedicated to creating a safe, inclusive place for them to explore creativity.