MEDIA ADVISORY: PHOTO/VIDEO OPPORTUNITIES
Contact: Lori Brooks, director of communications
405 951 0000 | email@example.com
Media kit: bit.ly/OCcapsulekit
To honor its past at the fairgrounds as supporters look to the future at NW 11th and Broadway, Oklahoma Contemporary Arts Center will inter a time capsule on its construction site at 2 p.m. Thursday, July 26.
The capsule will contain:
- original drawings by architect Rand Elliott
- ceramics and fiber artworks by Oklahoma Contemporary students
- a timeline of exhibitions and other important milestones (from the 1989 conception at City Arts Center to the present)
- a letter from Honorary Capital Campaign Chair (and renowned artist) Ed Ruscha
- a proclamation from Oklahoma City Mayor David Holt
- photos and additional documents and mementos
Children from Boys and Girls Club will assist with the ceremony, a city official will read the proclamation (naming July 26 as Oklahoma Contemporary Day) and materials will be packed into the capsule, which will be sealed and lowered into the foundation of what will become “the Lantern.” When the building opens in fall 2019, a dramatic tower of light will run from ground level to past the roof line on the southwest corner of the centerpiece building.
Just Desserts food truck will serve refreshments. Oklahoma Contemporary board members and staff will be available for interviews before and after the ceremony. Media are encouraged to RSVP (firstname.lastname@example.org) and to arrive at NW 11th and Broadway between 1:30 and 1:45.
A media kit, including renderings of the new campus, the exhibition timeline, photos of events at NW 11th and Broadway and more is at bit.ly/OCcapsulekit. Past press releases and additional information are archived at oklahomacontemporary.org/about/media.
July 23, 2018