Second Saturday: GameFest OKC
Saturday, Nov. 13 | 11 a.m. -4 p.m.
Drop in — tickets not required
November’s Second Saturday will be LEVELED UP! In partnership with the Akron Art Museum’s GameFest Akron, GameFest OKC at Oklahoma Contemporary will be an afternoon packed with gaming, creating and cosplay inspired by Open World: Video Games & Contemporary Art. We will activate all three levels of our building with interactive programming and projects.
- Try your hand at indie video games in our studios or the arcade games in the lobby.
- Keep the little gamers busy with pixel picture making.
- Watch and chat with the founder of Not Your Mama’s Gamer podcast, Samantha Blackmon Ph.D.., and Indigenous game developer, Miranda Jane Due via Twitch livestream in our Te Ata Theater.
- Create your own original avatar and cosplay accessories, then finish off your look with custom-character face paint.
- Use your phone to spot AR artwork by Jaiye Farell.
- Take a family-friendly gallery tour of Open World.
- Show off your moves on Just Dance 2021.
- Get your photo with a real-life video game character or check out our video game-inspired selfie station.
How will you complete your GameFest OKC quest? Grab your squad and press PLAY on this game-filled day!
Need a power boost while you’re here? Make sure to check out the adult and kid-friendly menus at our Café Contemporary.
Please note, safety and health procedures will be in place to ensure a safe and fun event for everyone involved. Read more about our COVID protocols here.
Image: Skawennati, Epiphany (featuring a digital representation of Cloudscape, an installation by Hannah Claus), from TimeTraveller™, 2008-13. Nine-episode machinima series. Courtesy of the artist. Open World: Video Games & Contemporary Art is organized by the Akron Art Museum.