- Date 6-8:30 p.m., Tuesdays, January 16-March 5
- Cost $225
- Location The Studios | Kim and Steve Bruno Hand Building Studio and Lynda and Chuck Nelson Wheel Throwing Studio
- Instructor / Presenter Liz Parham
- Age Requirements 18+
- Contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Beginners welcome, no experience necessary.
Sold Out! Please join the waitlist.
Learn to create sculptural forms and functional vessels like mugs, plates and bowls. This course introduces the two main techniques of ceramic arts: hand building and wheel throwing. We begin with a focus on hand building skills, such as pinching, coiling and slab building. In the second half of class, you’ll learn how to use the potter’s wheel. The class also touches on the science and art of slips, glazes and textures as well as historic and contemporary ceramic artists. Have fun, create functional art and remind your fingers they can do more than scroll.
• If you need a ceramics tool-kit you can purchase it ($32) on the first day.
• You'll also need to purchase a 25 lb bag of clay on the first day. The cost of clay ranges from $17-21 per 25 lb bag.
• Download course syllabus and materials list here.
• If one class is postponed due to weather or unforeseen instructor circumstances, the rain date is March 12
Open Studio time is included with registration. Open Studio allows currently enrolled students to work on their projects in Oklahoma Contemporary’s studios outside of class meetings. Availability varies weekly, and times are posted outside each studio.