- Date 6-9 p.m., Wednesdays, Sept.27-Nov. 29
- Cost $285
- Location The Studios | Josie Eresch Fibers Studio
- Instructor / Presenter Amber Layne
- Age Requirements 16+
- Contact firstname.lastname@example.org
SOLD OUT! Please sign up to be on the waitlist here.
REQUIRED Prerequisites: Sewing Fundamentals, Sewing Fundamentals Expanded
No class October 18 and November 22.
This advanced course expands the techniques taught in Sewing Fundamentals and Sewing Fundamentals Expanded. Learn the basics of taking and working with measurements and how to understand, work from and modify a simple pattern. Practice sophisticated sewing techniques while working on patterns chosen by instructor Amber Layne.
• Students will purchase a course kit ($78.50) that includes a simple pattern and three of Amber’s favorite sewing tools, which aid in proper construction. Students will need some additional fabric and notions beyond what is supplied in the kit (these will be thoroughly discussed in class.
• Supplies required: a serviced sewing machine, electric cord, foot pedal, machine manual and all tools, feet and accessories that came with your machine.
• If you don’t have a sewing machine, you can rent one through Studio School. Daily rentals are $12. Four-week rentals are $40 and eight-week rentals are $80.
• Download your course syllabus and required materials list here.
• If one class is postponed due to weather or unforeseen instructor circumstances, the rain date is December 6.
Open Studio time is included with registration. Open Studio allows currently enrolled students to work on their projects in Oklahoma Contemporary’s studios outside of class meetings. Availability varies weekly, and times are posted outside each studio.