- Date 6-9 p.m., Thursdays, Sept. 28-Dec. 7
- Cost $285
- Location Main Building | In Honor of Bryan and Kendall Hall Studio Two
- Instructor / Presenter Amber Layne
- Age Requirements 18+
- Contact email@example.com
SOLD OUT! Please sign up to be on the waitlist here.
REQUIRED Prerequisites: Students must own a sewing machine with embroidery capabilities—sewing and embroidery combo machines only.
No class October 12 and 19.
Do you own a sewing machine with embroidery capabilities, but don’t know (or can’t remember) how to use it? This beginning course covers the exciting basics of machine embroidery. Learn to work with proper tools, threads and stabilizers and to understand stitching techniques. Through instructor-led projects, you’ll learn the basic skills needed to succeed — and you’ll receive digital designs to keep.
• a serviced sewing machine with embroidery capabilities (sewing and embroidery combo machines only — no multi-needle machines), electric cord, foot pedal, machine manual and all tools, feet, hoops and accessories that came with your machine.
• An instructor-provided kit that includes threads, scissors, needles, bobbins, several types of stabilizers and three of instructor Amber Layne’s favorite sewing tools.. The kit must be purchased ($106.70) on the first night of class.
• Beyond the required kit, you will need additional fabric and notions that will be discussed in class.
• Download your course syllabus and required materials list here.
Open Studio time is included with registration. Open Studio allows currently enrolled students to work on their projects in Oklahoma Contemporary’s studios outside of class meetings. Times vary weekly can be booked two weeks in advance.