- Date 6-9 p.m., Tuesdays, Sept. 26-Nov. 14
- Cost $265
- Location The Studios | Flex Studio
- Instructor / Presenter Martha Coates
- Age Requirements 18+
- Contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Prerequisites: Basic Sewing Skills--experience using a sewing machine, experience constructing garments from patterns.
Registration extended to September 25!
Learn to design and sew your own Renaissance/Tudor era costume! Join experienced historical clothes maker Martha Coates to learn traditional garment-making techniques adapted for modern creators. Basic men’s and women’s patterns will be provided and can be customized. Fabric choices will be discussed, but students will provide their own fabrics.
• Students will provide their own sewing machine.
• Students will be expected to know how to: use their sewing machine including threading, winding bobbins and straight stitching, cut fabric with accuracy, pin fabric together along seam lines, and be able to sew around a curved edge. Most importantly, students should sew enthusiastically and patiently!
• If you don’t have a sewing machine, you can rent one through Studio School. Daily rentals are $12. Four-week rentals are $40 and eight-week rentals are $80.
• Download your course syllabus and required materials list here.
• If one class is postponed due to weather or unforeseen instructor circumstances, the rain date is November 28.
Open Studio time is included with registration. Open Studio allows currently enrolled students to work on their projects in Oklahoma Contemporary’s studios outside of class meetings. Availability varies weekly and times are posted outside each studio.