- Date 6-9 p.m., Mondays, January 15-March 4
- Cost $285
- Location The Studios | Josie Eresch Fibers Studio
- Instructor / Presenter Amber Layne
- Age Requirements 16+
- Contact firstname.lastname@example.org
A serger is required to take this class.
This class is designed for those new to serging, those who haven’t serged in a while, those afraid of their machines, those who want to build a stronger serging foundation or those needing a refresher on the basics of serging. You’ll learn to thread the serger correctly, understand tensions, adjust cutting widths, use differential feed, master critical techniques, and learn the basics of construction. Learn in-depth knowledge about your serger and master the fundamentals by creating a personal serger guidebook.
Required supplies: a serviced serger, electric cord, foot pedal, machine manual, and all tools, feet, and accessories that came with the machine.
Students will purchase a kit of materials ($70.26) supplying four cones of serger thread, serging tools, some fabric, and a serger guidebook. Some additional fabric and notions, beyond what is supplied in the kit, will be needed. Additional supplies will be thoroughly discussed in class.
• Download your course syllabus and required materials list here.
• If one class is postponed due to weather or unforeseen instructor circumstances, the rain date is March 11.
Open Studio time is included with registration. Open Studio allows currently enrolled students to work on their projects in Oklahoma Contemporary’s studios outside of class meetings. Availability varies weekly and times are posted outside each studio.