- Date 6-9 PM, Mondays, Sept. 25-Nov. 20
- Cost $265
- Location The Studios | Josie Eresch Fibers Studio
- Instructor / Presenter Amber Layne
- Age Requirements 16+
- Contact email@example.com
No class Monday, October 16.
This class is designed for those new to sewing, those who haven’t sewn in a while, those afraid of their machines, those who want to build a stronger sewing foundation or those needing a refresher on the basics of machine sewing. Instructor and artist Amber Layne created a curriculum that is comprehensive and empowering for students. Using project-based learning, this class teaches how needles, threads, fabrics, stitches and your sewing machine work together as a team. Gain in-depth knowledge about your sewing machine while mastering the fundamentals of sewing through fun and useful projects.
• An instructor-provided materials kit ($56.25) must be purchased on the first day.
• Students must provide their own working, preferably recently serviced, sewing machine to each meeting.
• Syllabus and required materials list here.
• If you don’t have a sewing machine, you can rent one through Studio School. Daily rentals are $12. Four-week rentals are $40 and eight-week rentals are $80.
• If one class is postponed due to weather or unforeseen instructor circumstances, the rain date is November 27.
Download your course syllabus and required materials list here.
Open Studio time is included with registration. Open Studio allows currently enrolled students to work on their projects in Oklahoma Contemporary’s studios outside of class meetings. Availability varies weekly, and times are posted outside each studio.