With the onset of the COVID-19 pandemic, Oklahoma Contemporary began increasing its production of video content to meet the needs of our community members who were not able to experience our exhibitions, educational opportunities and public programming in person.
In the months since, we've debuted a number of series and one-off videos to connect people at home and around the world with the goings-on at the new Oklahoma Contemporary. Below you'll find a selection of some of our most engaging video content, along with links to explore the entire archive by category.
Bright Golden Haze
Get up close and personal with exhibiting artists at Oklahoma Contemporary through video interviews, virtual tours, studio visits, Slow TV installments and more.
Illuminations with Leo Villareal
Take an open-ended journey through the cosmos with Bright Golden Haze artist Leo Villareal, who dazzles through binary code.
- Slow TV: Black glass eclipse
- Illuminations with Yatika Fields
- Aqueous by Jen Lewin
- Slow TV: Star Ceiling 2
- Illuminations with Camille Utterback
- Virtual Bright Golden Haze tour
Bright Golden Haze archive here.
From gallery talks to live performances, panel discussions and so much more, Oklahoma Contemporary's dynamic public programming has something for everyone.
Thursday Night Late: Fiber Dyeing with Rachel Denbow
Fiber artist and Studio School instructor Rachel Denbow leads a workshop on creating and working with natural dyes as part of Oklahoma Contemporary’s Thursday Night Late series.
- Exploring the Light and Space movement with art historian Francesca Giani
- Virtual Gallery Talk: Shadow on the Glare with Pablo Barrera
- Virtual Artist Talk with Jen Lewin: 2020 Brooklyn Studio Tour
- Illuminating Perspectives: Panel Discussion
- Elemental: A Thursday Night Late Virtual Performance
Public Programs archive here.
Oklahoma Contemporary's stunning 54,000 square foot building — home to a main gallery, classroom studios, performance spaces, community lounge, café — and outdoor spaces ensure there will always be something new to see and experience.
Oklahoma Contemporary Virtual Tour, Part 1
Take a look inside your new arts center in downtown Oklahoma City with architect Rand Elliott.
- Oklahoma Contemporary Virtual Tour, Part 2
- Oklahoma Contemporary Virtual Tour, Part 3
- Oklahoma Contemporary Virtual Tour, Part 4
New home archive here.
Sponsored by SONIC Drive-In, Oklahoma Contemporary's dynamic #AtHomeArt series from our Youth and Family staff features step-by-step instructions for creating your own works of art using everyday household items.
#AtHomeArt: Marbling Project
Create your own marble-printed masterpiece with everyday household items.
- #AtHomeArt: Shadow on the Glare
- #AtHomeArt: Stop-motion Animation
- #AtHomeArt: Illustrating stories
- #AtHomeArt: Improv Games
#AtHomeArt archive here.
Whether you want to learn a new skill or perfect an old one, Studio School at Oklahoma Contemporary offers four- and 10-week classes and workshops designed to spark your creativity.
- Studio School Online
- Studio Activity with Rachel Denbow (fiber arts)
- Studio School at Oklahoma Contemporary
Studio School archive here.
With so much great video content, there's plenty that doesn't fit neatly into one category. From our retail store to Café Contemporary, special one-time projects and more, below you'll find miscellaneous videos that help tell the story of your new arts center in downtown Oklahoma City.
- Belonging There, Here: A Crowdsourced Poem with Quraysh Ali Lansana
- Share at the Showroom: Beatriz Mayorca
- The Visitor Experience
Miscellaneous archive here.