From the beginning of the pandemic, Oklahoma Contemporary's policies have followed the science, taking guidance from local, state and national health authorities, including the CDC. We continue to affirm the benefits of good health precautions — our newly updated policies are outlined below.
Per new CDC recommendations, we’ve updated our mask protocols. All staff, visitors and students (vaccinated or unvaccinated) over the age of 2 should wear masks while inside our facilities. Oklahoma County is a high COVID-19 transmission area. Thank you for playing your part in helping to slow the spread.
Also of note: We’re limiting capacity throughout our facilities; social distancing is encouraged; and our building and surfaces are regularly sanitized. You can read more about those and other procedures below. Please refrain from visiting if you have any symptoms or may have been exposed to COVID-19.
- Admission to Oklahoma Contemporary is always free. We continue to have reduced capacity throughout our spaces and ask you to reserve a timed ticket to visit our facility, galleries and free programs. You’ll find exhibition tickets here.
- All staff, visitors and students (vaccinated or unvaccinated) over the age of 2 should wear masks while inside our facilities. If needed, our Visitor Experience team will happily provide masks. All indoor Studio School classes and Camp Contemporary camps will also require masks.
- Good hand hygiene is strongly encouraged. Guests and staff are encouraged to use hand-sanitizer stations, located throughout the building.
- Throughout each day, our janitorial staff continually sanitize the building with special attention to all surfaces and high-touch areas.
Other protocols to note:
- Except for the shop and café, Oklahoma Contemporary will be cash-free.
- Signage about COVID safety procedures will be located throughout the building, and our staff will help ensure our guests understand and follow the guidelines.
- We will regularly monitor data for our city and state and work with civic and health officials to evolve our plans as needed to react to changing conditions.
- Review our additional Visitor Guidelines here.
If you have questions about our COVID-19 procedures, please call (405) 951-0000 or email email@example.com.
Additional safety protocols are supported, in part, by the by the Institute of Museum and Library Services (IMLS) and the Oklahoma Department of Libraries via the Library Services and Technology Act grant.
Oklahoma Contemporary has taken steps to limit the possibility of transmission of COVID-19 in our facilities and at our events, but we cannot eliminate all possibility of exposure. Any visit to a public space carries inherent risk, and all visitors in our spaces voluntarily accept and assume that risk.