From the beginning of the pandemic, Oklahoma Contemporary's policies have followed the science, taking guidance from local, state and national health authorities, including the CDC. We continue to affirm the benefits of good health precautions — ours are outlined below.
Important things for you to know about visiting our new arts center: We’re limiting capacity throughout our facilities; masks and social distancing are encouraged; and our building and surfaces are regularly sanitized. You can read more about those and other procedures below. Please refrain from visiting if you have any symptoms or may have been exposed to COVID-19.
- Admission to Oklahoma Contemporary is always free. We continue to have reduced capacity throughout our spaces and ask you to reserve a timed ticket to visit our facility, galleries and free programs. You’ll find exhibition tickets here.
- Masks are encouraged for all visitors and required for children age 2 to 12. If needed, our Visitor Experience team will happily provide masks. Staff will continue to wear masks in all public spaces. All indoor Studio School classes and Camp Contemporary camps will also require masks.
- Good hand hygiene is strongly encouraged. In addition to signage reminders in each bathroom, guest and staff are encouraged to use hand-sanitizer stations, located throughout the building.
- Throughout each day, our janitorial staff continually sanitize the building with special attention to all surfaces and high-touch areas.
Other protocols to note:
- Except for the shop and café, Oklahoma Contemporary will be cash-free.
- Signage about COVID safety procedures will be located throughout the building, and our staff will help ensure our guests understand and follow the guidelines.
- We will regularly monitor data for our city and state and work with civic and health officials to evolve our plans as needed to react to changing conditions.
- Review our additional Visitor Guidelines here.
If you have questions about our COVID-19 procedures, please call (405) 951-0000 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Additional safety protocols are supported, in part, by the by the Institute of Museum and Library Services (IMLS) and the Oklahoma Department of Libraries via the Library Services and Technology Act grant.
Oklahoma Contemporary has taken steps to limit the possibility of transmission of COVID-19 in our facilities and at our events, but we cannot eliminate all possibility of exposure. Any visit to a public space carries inherent risk, and all visitors in our spaces voluntarily accept and assume that risk.