ArtNow, an annual exhibition and art sale, showcases works from Oklahoma’s top artists. The ArtNow event, held on the final night of the exhibition, helps to raise funds to keep Oklahoma Contemporary exhibitions free of charge to the public throughout the year. The Oklahoma artists featured in the exhibit also attend the party so that guests can learn about the artists’ works and creative process. The 2016 exhibition ran Jan. 11-22, with the event on Friday, Jan. 22.
From ceramics to CGI, painting to photography, fine metals to light-emitting diodes, the 2016 artists spanned the gamut of media, style and attitude. Learn more by exploring the 2016 artists here. You can see photos of work in the 2016 show and learn more about the artists and event on Twitter and Instagram.
For more on the 2016 event:
- Watch KFOR interviews with ArtNow co-chairs, one of the co-curators and an artist here.
- From NonDoc, learn why one of the artists created all of her works for the show blindfolded.
- You can also watch a NewsOK Parties Extra webcast with co-chairs and staff or read BAM Blog's preview of the show.
- The co-chairs told the Oklahoma Gazette that it's a great "way for people to get engaged in art."
- Browse Quit Nguyen's incredible event photography.
- Check out PartyBox's photo booth video.
- See 405 Magazine's photos from the event.
2016 Chairs: Anthony McDermid and Teresa Rose Crook
2016 Host Committee: Joshua Fahrenbruck, Debbie Forshee, Bob Funk, Jr., Kim Garrett, Sarah Geiger, Nathaniel Harding, Aimee Harlow, Reggie Johnson, Valerie Naifeh, Deemah Ramadan, Glenna Tanenbaum, & Tracey Zeeck
2016 Curators: Kelsey Karper and Julia Kirt