Presented by the OGE Energy Corp. Foundation
Enjoy an afternoon of artmaking with us! During Second Saturdays, visitors can create a take-home art project inspired by our exhibitions, join a family-friendly tour of our gallery and explore an Art Pack full of engaging activities for all ages. Select Second Saturdays have gone XL! These family-friendly programs are inspired by exhibitions on view and will also showcase visual and performance artists. Second Saturday XLs are held across our campus, activating spaces indoors and out, and include multiple art-making opportunities and experiences. All Second Saturday and Second Saturday XL activities are free and open to the public.
- Free Art Kits | Nov. 25
Need to get up and moving after all that turkey? Pick up a free* art kit inspired by ArtNow artist Isaac Diaz's candle-adorned works to light up your gathering! Then, join an interactive guided family tour of the exhibition ArtNow: The Soul Is a Wanderer at 1 p.m.
*Art kits available for the first 100 kids.
- Second Saturday XL: Snow Glow | Dec. 9 | 1-5 p.m.
Upcoming XL programs
Second Saturday XL: Snow Glow | Dec. 9 | 1-5 p.m.
It’s GLOW time! Celebrate the winter weather with cool activities at December’s Second Saturday XL: Snow Glow. Bring the family for a FREE afternoon of art-making, winter fun and holiday memory-making, 1-5 p.m. on Dec. 9.
- CREATE holiday cards that light and pop up.
- PLAY in our indoor snowball fight arena!
- INDULGE your sweet tooth! Enjoy a free* drink from Café Contemporary’s hot chocolate bar.
- EXPERIMENT with fun art materials in the glow-in-the-dark studio.
- LISTEN to festive music performed by Oklahoma Youth Orchestra’s Studio Rockestra.
- WATCH an aerialist perform fantastic feats!
- GET a winter-inspired face-painting.
- TAKE a holiday-themed family photo in the life-size snow globe.
- EXPLORE contemporary artists by joining a family gallery chat about our ArtNow 2023 exhibition.
- FIND your next great gift in Oklahoma Contemporary’s artisan market.
*The first 75 kids (ages 12 and under) will receive a free ticket to Café Contemporary’s hot chocolate bar.
Need even more reason to visit? Get the most out of your arts center year-round by becoming a member. Available only during December's Second Saturday, enjoy a 50 percent discount on Individual and Dual memberships. Discount available in-person only.
Second Saturday is supported by Paycom and Express Employment International.