Presented by the OGE Energy Corp. Foundation
Enjoy an afternoon of artmaking with us! During our regular Second Saturdays, visitors will have the opportunity to create a take-home art project inspired by our exhibitions, join a family-friendly tour of our gallery and explore an Art Pack full of engaging activities for all ages. All Second Saturday activities are free and open to the public.
- Feb. 11 | 1-4 p.m.| Clay Portraits
- March 11 | 1-4 p.m. | Second Saturday XL: Eat Your Art Out
- April 8 | 1-4 p.m. | Edible Canvas
Second Saturday XL
We’re taking our Second Saturdays to the next level by going XL! These family-friendly events are inspired by exhibitions on view and will also showcase visual and performance artists. Second Saturday XL will be held across our campus, activating spaces indoors and out, and include multiple art-making opportunities and experiences. All Second Saturday XL activities are free and open to the public.
- March 11 | 1-4 p.m. | Eat Your Art Out
To celebrate The Art of Food exhibition, March’s Second Saturday XL will be serving up an entire menu of creative fun! Bring the family out for a FREE afternoon of food-focused art-making, engaging performances and appetizing activities.
- CREATE colorful prints with fruits and vegetables.
- ENGAGE with food memories and performance featuring Haitian hot chocolate.
- TREAT yourself to a free popsicle from WonderVan Pops*.
- EXPERIENCE printmaking on food with food by local artist Virginal Sitzes.
- GIVE back by donating canned goods to the Regional Food Bank of Oklahoma.
- BUILD abstract sculptures using edible materials.
- LISTEN to appetizing stories presented by the Metropolitan Library System.
- EXPLORE contemporary artists by joining a family tour of The Art of Food exhibition.
- ENJOY kid- and grownup-friendly menu options from Café Contemporary.
Second Saturday is supported by Paycom and Express Employment International.